We will begin accepting applications for the 2018-19 year in the summer of 2018 – please check back then!
Sample CLP application process
1. Complete the CLP Application Form (will be available in late June 2018)
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- interest in engaging project group members in planning
- a desire to gain experience in dealing with uncertainty and changing environments
- a desire to learn about and challenge their views on leadership and community issues
- interest in working collaboratively with schools or community organizations
- ability to take initiative in the absence of specific direction
- an intent to continue to further their development as a leader following the program
- interest in the difference between guiding and directing teams
- an interest in working collaboratively with and mentoring students
2. Discuss this opportunity with your supervisor, including the program dates. You may wish to download the Supervisor Information Sheet, which is designed to assist your supervisor in making an informed decision regarding the application.
3. Download and have your supervisor complete the Supervisor Sponsorship Form.
4. Submit your CLP Application Form and Supervisor Sponsorship Form.
In addition to the selection criteria outlined above, the committee makes every effort to ensure equitable distribution of this opportunity across disciplines, employee groups, and campuses, focusing particularly on establishing a cross-section of staff and graduate students.