Applications for our 2017-18 Program will open in June, 2017
We will hold a number of information sessions in the summer months. If you have questions about the program, or to join our info session wait-list, please email Stephanie Thorpe.
The application process will ask for the following information:
1. Complete the CLP Application Form (coming June 2017)
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- interest in engaging project group members in planning
- a desire to gain experience in dealing with uncertainty and changing environments
- a desire to learn about and challenge their views on leadership and community issues
- interest in working collaboratively with schools or community organizations
- ability to take initiative in the absence of specific direction
- an intent to continue to further their development as a leader following the program
- interest in the difference between guiding and directing teams
2. Discuss this opportunity with your supervisor, including the program dates. You may wish to download the CLP Supervisor Info Sheet, which is designed to assist your supervisor in making an informed decision regarding the application.
3. Download and have your supervisor complete the Supervisor Sponsorship Form (coming June 2017)
4. Submit your CLP application form and Supervisor Sponsorship Form.
In addition to the selection criteria outlined above, the committee makes every effort to ensure equitable distribution of this opportunity across disciplines, employee groups, and campuses, focusing particularly on establishing a cross-section of staff and graduate students.