Applications for our 2017-18 Program are now OPEN!
Eligible applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. This year’s cohort has 25 spots available. In order to secure your spot, please submit your application as soon as possible. The last date we will accept applications will be August 18, 2017, if the program hasn’t already reached capacity.
The application process will include the following steps:
1. Complete the CLP Application Form
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- interest in engaging project group members in planning
- a desire to gain experience in dealing with uncertainty and changing environments
- a desire to learn about and challenge their views on leadership and community issues
- interest in working collaboratively with schools or community organizations
- ability to take initiative in the absence of specific direction
- an intent to continue to further their development as a leader following the program
- interest in the difference between guiding and directing teams
- an interest in working collaboratively with and mentoring students
2. Discuss this opportunity with your supervisor, including the program dates. You may wish to download the Supervisor Information Sheet, which is designed to assist your supervisor in making an informed decision regarding the application.
3. Download and have your supervisor complete the Supervisor Sponsorship Form
4. Submit your CLP Application Form and Supervisor Sponsorship Form to Stephanie Thorpe.
In addition to the selection criteria outlined above, the committee makes every effort to ensure equitable distribution of this opportunity across disciplines, employee groups, and campuses, focusing particularly on establishing a cross-section of staff and graduate students.